Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Missing out

Dear friends out on the Fish River Canyon trail.
I feel for you guys as you trod on without my exclusively dry humour.
I salute you as you represent the spirit of hiking.
I can only rejoice in the fact that, everyday, I walk to and from the station. In the moonlight. In the rain. With bags of groceries, not a backpack. My trail comes nowhere close to the type of terrain you'll be enjoying in the desert-like environment. The season, I guess, is good for a comfortable walk. Not too hot, and hopefully not too cold during the night either.
I wish you well on the trail. Enjoy time out from the rat race.
I look forward to a long weekend off in September myself.
Let's hope the urgent work has been resolved by then.

Permanent employment is not for the fainthearted.
You got to be strong. Or you got to have some kind
of a reward when you get home.


I've got mine right here...

No comments:

Post a Comment